- Day / Date: Friday, June 5
- Start Time: 6:30 pm
- CLICK HERE to Register or go to the Registration page.
- Field Limit: 250
- Through May 4: $30
- May 5 – June 2: $35
- Race Day: $40
- Short sleeve, 100% cotton Comfort Colors…the “most comfortable” shirt you’ll ever wear.
- We do our best to ensure that all registered athletes receive a race shirt. Extra race shirts are ordered in anticipation of late registrations (May 5 and later). However, because of the uncertainty of correct sizes, runners registering after May 4 cannot be guaranteed a correct shirt size and cannot be guaranteed a shirt.
- Packet Pick-up will take place at the Registration Tents in front of the Ashe Civic Center.
- Times: 5:15 pm – 6:15 pm Race Day
- All runners must sign and submit a Liability and Release Waiver at the time of packet pickup. Bring a waiver with you to packet pick-up/registration and save time. CLICK HERE for a printable copy. Minors (those younger than 18 years on race day) must have their Waiver completed and signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- The competing athlete must pick-up his/her own race packet.
- Bibs must be worn on the front.
- 6.6 total miles.
- To the summit…and back.
- 3.3 mile up + 3.3 miles down.
- 1355 ft ascent, 1355 ft descent.
- 5-16% grade.
- 100% paved roads.
- 4.6 miles in Mount Jefferson State Natural Area.
- Race Location: Ashe Civic Center, 962 Mt Jefferson Rd, West Jefferson, NC 28694.
- Start / Finish: at the fountain in front of the Ashe Civic Center.
- Parking: Ashe County Civic Center
- Water Station: at the turn-around at Mile 3.3.
- Restrooms/porta-johns are available at the start/finish and on the course at the Ranger Station at the Park Entrance (Miles 1 and 5.6).
- Runners must run on the LEFT side of the road (facing traffic).
- All roads, including the road within the Park, are open to normal traffic.
- Runners must comply with all NC State Park Rules. For a complete listing, refer to www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/moje/rules .
- Walkers are welcome.
- Spectators and spectator vehicles are not permitted on the race course.
- Spectators are welcome to relax at the Civic Center while waiting for the runners to finish.
The following map of the entire course is interactive and is linked to ridewithgps.com. When viewing the interactive map, you can highlight a section of the course to view a more detailed elevation chart of that section. To view a more detailed section:
- Move your cursor along the x-axis (mileage) of the elevation graph. Mileage, elevation, and % grade will be displayed.
- Click and hold a beginning point on the elevation graph. Drag your cursor and highlight the segment/distance that you wish to view in greater detail. When you release your mouse, the highlighted segment will be displayed.
- To return to the full graph, single click the elevation chart.