- Day / Date: Saturday, June 6.
- Start Time: 6:00 pm.
- CLICK HERE to Register or go to the Registration page.
- Field Limit: 500
- Through May 4 : $25 / $15 (14 yrs and younger)
- May 5 – June 2: $30 / $15 (14 yrs and younger)
- Race Day: $35 / $20 (14 years and younger)
- Short sleeve, 100% cotton Comfort Colors…the “most comfortable” shirt you’ll ever wear.
- We do our best to ensure that all registered athletes receive a race shirt. Extra race shirts are ordered in anticipation of late registrations (May 5 and later). However, because of the uncertainty of correct sizes, runners registering after May 4 cannot be guaranteed a correct shirt size and cannot be guaranteed a shirt.
- Packet Pick-up will take place in downtown West Jefferson (location to be determined).
- Times: 4:30 pm – 5:45 pm Race Day
- All runners must sign and submit a Liability and Release Waiver at the time of packet pickup. Bring a waiver with you to packet pick-up/registration and save time. CLICK HERE for a printable copy. Minors (those younger than 18 years on race day) must have their Waiver completed and signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- The competing athlete must pick-up his/her own race packet.
- Bibs must be worn on the front.
- 1 downhill mile (measured and USATF certified).
- Did we tell you this is a downhill mile, straight…no turns.
- Expect fast times!
- Start Elevation: 3086 ft.
- Peak Elevation: 3092 ft at 0.08 miles.
- Finish Elevation: 2975 ft.
- +7 ft gain, -117 ft loss.
- Finish in the heart of downtown West Jefferson.
- Start: in front of the Cabin Store at 1101 South Jefferson Ave, West Jefferson, NC 28694.
- Finish: in front of West Jefferson Town Hall on South Jefferson Ave.
- Course: 1 mile straight down South Jefferson Ave.
- Parking in downtown West Jefferson only.
- Parking is not permitted at the Start Line.
- Walkers are welcome.
- When viewed from the Finish, runners can be seen approximately 0.4 miles before finishing.
The following map of the entire course is interactive and is linked to ridewithgps.com. When viewing the interactive map, you can highlight a section of the course to view a more detailed elevation chart of that section. To view a more detailed section:
- Move your cursor along the x-axis (mileage) of the elevation graph. Mileage, elevation, and % grade will be displayed.
- Click and hold a beginning point on the elevation graph. Drag your cursor and highlight the segment/distance that you wish to view in greater detail. When you release your mouse, the highlighted segment will be displayed.
- To return to the full graph, single click the “de-select” tab.