Friday – Saturday, June 5 – June 6, 2015.
Venues vary dependent upon event. Please reference the individual race page for detailed locations.
Athletes of a variety of fitness, ability and competitive intensities will be challenged and rewarded at the Blue Ridge Mountain Throwdown. Inevitably, the finish results will be determined by endurance, agility, grit, and competitive intensity.
- All runners must sign and submit a Liability and Release Waiver at the time of packet pickup. Bring a waiver with you to packet pick-up/registration and save time.
- CLICK HERE for a printable copy.
- Minors (those younger than 18 years on race day) must have their Waiver completed and signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- The competing athlete must pick-up his/her own race packet.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Race Director reserves the right to modify or remove the kayak segment of this triathlon in cases of high water or extreme low water.
The start/finish venue at the Riverside Restaurant sits in a big field on the banks of the New River. Make plans to bring your family, friends and a picnic blanket and spend a morning, afternoon, day or weekend in the field behind Riverside Restaurant on the banks of the New River.
The venues for the Mount Jefferson Challenge and Centennial Mile are in the thriving, artsy West Jefferson. Art galleries, art studios, unique restaurants and even North Carolina’s oldest cheese plant create a bustling, vibrant 100 year old mountain town.
Please reference the race-specific web-page for parking details.
Tent camping is available in the field behind the Riverside Restaurant for $15/night. RV’s may set up camp for $20/night. Potable water, porta-johns and mountain bathing in the New River (clothes are required) are available. Electricity and RV waste disposal ARE NOT available.
Please reference the race-specific web-page for packet pick-up details.
NEEDED AT PACKET PICK-UP:
- Signed waiver. DOWNLOAD IT NOW to save time at Packet Pick-Up.
- If you are competing as a team, a signed waiver by each teammate is required.
PACKET PICK-UP FOR A FRIEND:
You must pick up your own packet.
Prizes are being finalized.
- Be prepared for a morning, afternoon, day, weekend with your family and friends on the banks of the New River, enjoying downtown West Jefferson, and taking in the many natural sites and attractions of North Carolina’s High Country.
- You’ll see the athletes at the start, finish and in between, so get to make some NOISE!
- Bring your cow bells and other noise makers to cheer the athletes.