There are no refunds, no deferrals, and an entry is not transferable to another person, for any reason. Participants may transfer to another event…however, please refer to the Entry Fees and Deadlines Page for complete details (drop-down from the Registration tab).
Bandits (non-registered runners), strollers, rollerblades, wagons, stilts, motorboats and pets are NOT permitted on the course.
RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- The following rules and guidelines are intended to help produce a fun and safe event for all participants and fans.
- Participants understand and acknowledge Blue Ridge Mountain Throwdown and its events are extreme and participants accept all risks associated with the event.
- Participants must be physically able to complete the course.
- Participants must follow all instructions given from all the race director, race staff, volunteers, and medical personnel, otherwise known collectively as Race Officials. Any participant who disobeys instructions from any race official is subject to disqualification and/or removal from the race and/or removal from all events.
- Participants who fail to complete the designated course will be disqualified.
- Cutting the course will result in immediate disqualification.
- The presence and consumption of alcoholic beverages on the property of Riverside Restaurant and Cooper’s Dairy Farm is strictly prohibited.
- Every participant must wear the provided race bib number on their front. No one will be allowed to race without an official bib number. The absence of an official bib number and timing device will result in immediate disqualification.
- Participants agree to allow Blue Ridge Endurance Ltd, the event producer, to use any pictures or video footage of the event for future promotional purposes.
- Participants are encouraged to report to the start line paddock at least 15 minutes prior to the start of their wave.
- Participants who fail to start at their assigned start time will not be allowed to race and will be disqualified.
- Sections of Cooper’s Farm 5-Mile that are located on Cooper’s Farm are not available for inspection or trial run prior to the participant’s scheduled start time.
- Registration will close when the capacity is reached.
- Blue Ridge Mountain Throwdown medical personnel may examine any participant who appears to be injured or suffering. The medical personnel may remove any participant from the event if in the opinion of the medical personnel the participant needs to be removed.
- Some venues of the Blue Ridge Mountain Throwdown are not a groomed course. The course will include a variety of terrain including logging road, pasture, field, and forest.
- Participants assume all responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participating in Blue Ridge Mountain Throwdown, including but not limited to hospitalization, ambulance transportation or physician services.
- Blue Ridge Endurance Ltd, the event producers, reserve the right to cancel or delay the race due to severe weather or in the event of a disaster. In the event of cancellation, Blue Ridge Endurance and Blue Ridge Mountain Throwdown cannot accept the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each athlete needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee. There will be NO REFUNDS or free entries to other future races. The money you paid is spent developing this race.
- Blue Ridge Endurance, Ltd, Blue Ridge Mountain Throwdown, affiliated venues and sponsors are not responsible for damage to gear.
- Sections of a course may be hazardous. It is the responsibility of the participant to leave the course if they cannot complete a section.
- Any participant who receives assistance from any spectator or non-competitor shall be immediately disqualified.
- Chip timing is being planned.
- Event officials reserve the right to modify any event rule at any time for any reason.
- Participants shall be responsible for knowing any modification to the rules published prior to the event.