- Day / Date: Saturday, August 31
- Start Time: 10:30 am for seeded runners. Waves starting on 20 minute intervals there-after depending upon number of athletes.
- Seeded runners who have run a 46:30 10K (7:30 pace/mile) in the previous year are encouraged to run the 10:30 start.
- The last wave will start 11:30 am and runners in this wave must finish by 1:30 pm. Runners in earlier waves must also finish by 1:30 pm. Therefore, athletes with concerns about this finish criteria should select the 10:50 am start wave.
- Start times: 10:30 am and 10:50 am. Additional start times (11:10am and 11:30am) will be added as needed.
- The Race Director reserves the right to modify start times. Start times will remain in the range established above.
- The Race Director reserves the right to re-assign an athlete’s start time based on 1oK seed.
- CLICK HERE to Register or go to the Registration page.
- Field Limit: 500
- Through June 30 : $40
- June 1 – August 7: $45
- August 8 – August 27: $50
- Race Day: $60
- Long sleeve, 100% cotton Comfort Colors…the “most comfortable” shirt you’ll ever wear.
- We do our best to ensure that all registered athletes receive a race shirt. Extra race shirts are ordered in anticipation of late registrations (August 8 and later). However, because of the uncertainty of correct sizes, runners registering after August 7 cannot be guaranteed a correct shirt size and cannot be guaranteed a shirt.
- Packet Pick-up will take place at the Registration Tents behind the Riverside Restaurant.
- Times: 7:30 am – 11:15 am Race Day
- All runners must sign and submit a Liability and Release Waiver at the time of packet pickup. Bring a waiver with you to packet pick-up/registration and save time. CLICK HERE for a printable copy. Minors (those younger than 18 years on race day) must have their Waiver completed and signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- The competing athlete must pick-up his/her own race packet.
- Bibs must be worn on the front.
- 4.5 – 5.0 total miles.
- 1 loop of Coopers Farm.
- Less than 3/4 mile pavement.
- Logging roads.
- Cow Paths.
- Creek Crossings and Creek Runs.
- New River Crossing.
- Man made barriers.
- IMPORTANT COURSE NOTE: Athletes will have 0.8 miles of open running before entering the logging roads. The logging roads are double track and passing is possible. However, because of difficult footing, passing another runner is not always possible.
- The Start / Finish are adjacent to each other in the field behind the Riverside Restaurant.
- Results will be posted as they become available and will be finalized after every runner crosses the finish line.
SOLO and TEAMS:
- Teams not applicable for this race.
- Runners may run together to encourage and assist each other.
- If friends are running together, you must not interfere with runners who have no friends (running friends that is). The course is single track and double track in many places. Friends running together must run in single file through these sections.
- Runners can be seen at the start/finish 3 times.
- Runners will cross over and under the bridge.
- The Monster and 1+ miles of the pasture section can be viewed from the bridge.
- Bring your cow bells and other noise makers to cheer on the athletes.
The following map of the entire course is interactive and is linked to ridewithgps.com. When viewing the interactive map, you can highlight a section of the course to view a more detailed elevation chart of that section. To view a more detailed section:
- Move your cursor along the x-axis (mileage) of the elevation graph. Mileage, elevation, and % grade will be displayed.
- Click and hold a beginning point on the elevation graph. Drag your cursor and highlight the segment/distance that you wish to view in greater detail. When you release your mouse, the highlighted segment will be displayed.
- To return to the full graph, single click the elevation chart.
MAP AND ELEVATION PROFILE WILL BE POSTED SOON.